Article Review Procedure
Academic Areas and Subjects
Herald of Advanced Information Technology
Search by article
Vol. 4 № 1
Vol. 4 № 2
Vol. 3 № 1
Vol. 3 № 2
Vol. 3 № 3
Vol. 3 № 4
Vol. 2 № 1
Vol. 2 № 2
Vol. 2 № 3
Vol. 2 № 4
Vol. 1 № 1
5 Oct 2021
On October 5, 2021, a business meeting was held between representatives of the EPAM Systems IT Company Denis Grinev and Sergey Garashchuk with the Rector of the State University “Odessa Polytechnic” Gennadii Alexandrovich Oborskiy.
17 Sept 2021
International Summer School "Augmented Reality and Tourism"
15 July 2021
We invite Master students to participate in the program 2ouble Degree - double degree program with the Slovak Republic
PROJECT MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION AS ONE OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
The article discusses the practical aspects of profiling knowledge in project management, taking into account competence and experience for various categories of professionals involved in project management. Very often, project managers are forced to not only manage the project, but also train the project team members or help them develop their best skills to achieve the project goal. It is shown that success of project activities of organizations substantially depends on the professional personnel training and the proper formation of project participants' job descriptions. In addition to the formal responsibilities outlined in the basic project management methodologies the project manager plays an important role in the interaction between the project and the business area. Market pressure on project activities is associated with a rapid reduction in the life cycles of technologies and products, which significantly increases the responsibility of project managers for the ultimate fate of their project outputs. The employees’ knowledge, skills and competencies are the basis for the development and improvement of any organization. In this case, more and more situations arise when, under extremely short deadlines, it is necessary to make a decision on the project team formation and on the selection of the project manager. When executing projects, there is always a need to coordinate the work of managers, staff and project team. To do this, organizations develop the rules of interaction and managers’ responsibilities, as well as determine the managers’ responsibility for various types of work. The responsibilities of managers are fixed in the job descriptions, which serve as the basis for the formation of responsibility matrices. At the same time, the fulfillment of the type of work specified in the instruction must be supported by the performer’s certain competence. A general concept of forming job descriptions is proposed. Each instruction point is formed at the intersection of three coordinates: the performer, the work and the competence. A Markov model for changing the project manager’s states has been developed, which describes the system using homogeneous Markov chains with discrete states and time. Discrete states form a specific structure of communications and interaction of project processes, which take into account the system topology and contextual features of the processes of project activities.
Dmytro V. Lukianov
, Ph.D, Professor
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Kateryna V. Kolesnikova
, Dr. of Tech. Sciences, Professor
( email@example.com )
Olexii E. Kolesnikov
, Dr. of Tech. Sciences, Professor
( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Sherstyuk, Olga I.
, Cand. of Tech. Sciences, Associate Professor
( email@example.com )
project management, project team, competence, responsibility matrix, Markov’s chain, manager’s job model
1. Belbin, R. M. (2003). “Komandy menedzherov. Sekrety uspeha i prichiny neudach”. [Management teams. Secrets of success and reasons for failure], Moscow, Russian Federation, Publ. HIPPO, 321p. (in Russian).
2. Bujmov, A. G. (2005). “O prirode nedostatochnoj nadezhnosti testa Belbina”. [On the nature of the insufficient reliability of the Belbin test]. Management in Russia and abroad, (2), 129-138 [digital resource] – Available at : http://dis.ru/library/559/25601/. Active link – 10.05.19 (in Russian).
3. Kolesnikowa K. V., Vlasenko O. V., Lukyanow D. V. & Olech T. M. (2013). “Zarządzanie projektami w systemach organizacyjnych i technicznych – model komunikacji Markowa”. [Markow’s model in project management communications in organizational i technical systems], Społeczno-ekonomiczne uwarunkowania zarządzania i administracji – innowacyjność, komunikacja. Pod red. Mariana Duczmala, Tadeusza Pokusy, Wyd. WSZiA, Instytut Śląski, pp. 223- 232 (in English).
4. Belbin, R. M. (1997). “Roli v komande i samoocenka predpochitaemyh vami rolej”. [Team Roles and Self-Assessment of Your Preferred Roles]. Effective manager: views and illustrations, Zhukovsky, Russian Federation, Publ. MCDO LINK (in Russian).
5. Sherstyuk O., Olekh Т., & Kolesnikova K. (2016). “The research on role differentiation as a method of forming the project team”, Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies, No. 2 (3), pp. 63-68 (in English).
6. Sherstyuk, O. I., & Gogunskij, V. D. (2013). “Imperativ kompetentnosti ili ravnovesie rolej v komande proekta”. [Imperative competency or balance of roles in the project team], pp. 390-391, Nikolaev, Ukraine, Publ. NUK (in Russian).
7. (2019). “ICB: IPMA Competence Baseline” [digital resource] – Available at : http://ipma.ch/resources/media/ipma-publications/ipma-competence-baseline/ Active link – 10.05.19 (in English)
8. (2019). “PMI certification” [digital resource] – Available at: http://www.pmi.org/Certification.aspx Active link – 10.05.19 (in English).
9. (2019). “PgMP certification” [digital resource] – Available at: https://www.pmi.org/certifications/types/program-management-pgmp. Active link – 12.05.19.
10. Heywood, L., Gonczi, A., & Hager, P. (1992). “A guide to development of competency standards for professions”. Canberra: AGPS.
11. Lukyanov, D. V. (2008). “Dinamika razvitiya proektnogo menedzhera. Instrumenty ocenki potencialnoj uspeshnosti menedzhera v novoj roli. Model Belbina”. [The dynamics of the project manager. Tools for assessing the potential success of a manager in a new role. Belbin Model] [digital resource] – Available at: http://www. sovnet. ru/library/publications/2554. – Active link – 10.05.19 (in Russian)
12. Fesenko, T. G. (2011). “Formuvannya modeli “competence work” komandi upravlinnya budivelnim proektom iz vikoristannyam NCB UA Version 3.0”. [Formation of the “Competence work” model in the construction project management team using NCB UA 3.0], Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies, 1/7 (49), pp. 53-57 (in Ukrainian).
13. Basinskaya, I. V., Radyuk, O. M., & Lukyanov, D. V. (2011). “Vzaimosvyaz stressogennosti povedencheskih kompetencij i uslovij zhizni s kreativnostyu i emocionalnym stressom u rukovoditelej srednego i vysshego zvena”. [The relationship of stressfulness of behavioral competencies and living conditions with creativity and emotional stress among middle and senior managers], Kyiv, Ukraine, Publ. KNUBA, pp.28-32 (in Russian).
14. Gogunskii, V. D., Luk’yanov, D. V., & Vlasenko, O. V. (2012). “Viznachennya yader znan na grafi kompetencij proektnih menedzheriv”, [Determining knowledge cores in the project manager competency graph], Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies, 1(10 (55)), pp. 26-28 (in Russian).
15. Beloshickij, A. A. (2012). “Upravlenie problemami v metodologii proektno-vektornogo upravleniya obrazovatelnimi sredami”. [Problem management in the methodology of project-vector management of educational environments], Management of Development of Complex Systems, No. (9), pp.104-107 (in Russian).
16. Raudis, Sh., & Yustickis, V. (2008). “Zakon Jerksa-Dodsona: svyaz mezhdu stimulirovaniem i uspeshnostyu naucheniya”. [Yerkes Dodson's Law: The Link Between Stimulation and Learning Success]. Psychology issues, No. (3), pp.119-126 (in Russian).
17. (2019). “Project Manager Job Description” [digital resource] – Available at: https://www.topresume.com/career-advice/project-manager. Active link – 17.07.19.
18. (2019). “Project Manager job description guide” [digital resource] – Available at: https://www.roberthalf.com.au/our-services/financial-services/project-manager-jobs. Active link – 16.07.19.
19. (2019). “Roles and responsibilities of the Project Manage” [digital resource] – Available at: https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/articles/roles-and-responsibilities-project-manager/ Active link – 17.07.19.
20. (2019). “Project Manager Job Description” [digital resource] – Available at: https://www.projectmanager.com/blog/project-manager-job-description. Active link – 01.08.19.
21.(2019). “IPMA standards – Individual Competence Baseline (ICB)” [digital resource] – Available at: https://www.ipma.world/individuals/standard/. Active link – 15.05.19.
22. Haughey, D. (2017). “RACI matrix. Project Smart” [digital resource] – Available at: https://www. projectsmart. co. uk/raci-matrix. php. Active link – 17.07.19.
23. Lukianov, D., Bespanskaya-Paulenko, K., Gogunskii, V., Kolesnikov, O., Moskaliuk, A., & Dmitrenko, K. (2017). “Development of the markov model of a project as a system of role communications in a team”, Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies, (3 (3)), pp. 21-28. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/103231. Active link – 07.07.19.
24. Gogunskii, V., Kolesnikov, O., Oborska, G., Moskaliuk, A., Kolesnikova, K., Harelik, S., & Lukianov, D. (2017). “Representation of project systems using the markov chain”, Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies, (2 (3)), 60-65. Available at: http://journals.uran.ua/eejet/article/view/97883. Active link – 07.07.19.
25. Beloshickij, A. A. (2011). “Ponyatijnyj bazis metodologii proektno-vektornogo upravleniya vysshimi uchebnymi zavedeniyami”. [The conceptual basis of the methodology of project-vector management of educational environments]. Project management and production development: a collection of scientific papers, Lugansk, Ukraine, SNU im. V. Dahl, (2 (38)), pp.25-31 (in Russian).
26. Vajsman, V. O. (2009). “Modeli, metodi ta mehanizmi stvorennya i funkcionuvannya proektno-kerovanoyi organizaciyi”. [Models, methods and mechanisms of creation and functioning of a project-managed organization], Kyiv, Ukraine, Publ. “Scientific world”, 146 p. (in Ukrainian)
27. Miller, G. A. (1956). “The magical number seven, plus or minus two: Some limits on ourcapacity for processing information”, Psychological review, No. 63(2), pp. 81-97.
28. Ostakhov, V., Artykulna, N., & Morozov, V. (2018). “Models of IT Projects KPIs and Metrics”. In 2018 IEEE Second International Conference on Data Stream Mining & Processing, pp. 50-55.
29. Olekh, T., Piterska, V., Kolesnikov, O., & Gogunskii, V. (2018). “Development of the Markovian model for the life cycle of a project’s benefits”, Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies, No. 5(4 (95)), pp. 30-39.
30. Kolesnіkov, О., Gogunskii, V., Kolesnіkova, K., Lukianov, D., & Olekh, T. (2016). “Development
of the model of interaction among the project, team of project and project environment in project system”, Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies, No. (5 (9)), pp. 20-26.
31. Kolesnikova, K., Lukianov, D., Gogunskii, V., Iakovenko, V., Oborska, G., Negri, A., & Bespanskaya-Paulenka, K. (2017). “Communication management in social networks for the actualization of publications in the world scientific community on the example of the network ResearchGate”, Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies, No. 3(4), pp. 27-35.
Vol. 2 № 3, 2019
16 Oct 2021
Search by author
Methodological Principles of Information Technology
1. Mathematical Foundations ofInformation Technology
2. Modeling and Design of Information Technology and Systems
3. Quality Assurance and Estimation for Software Systems
4. Design of Software Systems and Services
5. Information Technology of Different NaturedataProcessing and Analysis, Intelligent Sensors
6. Intelligent Information Technology: Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Forecasting
7. Virtual and Augmented Reality
Information Technology in Computer Systems
1. Cloud Technology, DistributedComputing
2. Design of Computer Components, Systems, Networks
3. Computer Systems Diagnostics
4. Methods and Systems of Information Protection in Computer and Information Systems
5. Smart Cities, the Internet of Things: Components, Applications
6. Technology, Models and Methods of Information Security or Cybersecurity
Information Technology in Management
1. Information Support for the Construction of Management Systems of Productionfacilities and Technology
2. Energy-efficient Control Systems for Production and Power Plants
3. Traction Electrical Systems, on-board Power Supply Systems for Electric Vehicles
4. Renewable Energy Conversion Systems and Devices
5. Simulation and Diagnostics of Complex Systems and Processes
6. Power Electronic Single and Multilevel Converters
7. Sliding Control Systems
Information Technology in Socio-Economic, Organizational and Technical Systems
1. Information Technologies in Economics and Sociology
2. Information Technology in Project, Program andPortfolio Management
3. Information Technology in Education
4. Geographic Information Systems
5. Information Technology in Medicine
6. Information Technology in Life Safety
KarelWintersky ] [
[ © Odessa National Polytechnic University, 2018.]